View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
losthellhound
Thats MR. Muffin Face now

Quote:
1) There are more poor children who goes to school in the morning hungry than in 1982
Okay, one, quote your source.. second there are more children, there are more going to school, and there are wonderful programs all across this country to give kids a breakfast at school if they can't get it at home

Quote:
2) While 6,500 children in Ontario under the age of 10 live under the poverty line, the Liberal government send 4billion dollars to iraq to aid their humanity cause, fuck this outrages me
This isn't tilted politics

Quote:
3) French language laws are now so anal that you cannot file a tax return in english in Quebec and it is a crime to communicate in written english, pretty soon Quebecois kids will grow up knowing very little english, trying finding a job like that.
I grew up with kids that came from Quebec and french imersion.. The idea that they won't know english is stupid. Find me ten school children in Quebec who don'y speak english from Montreal or Quebec City.

Quote:
4) In the city of Toronto, the policy force criminalize being black
Laughable.. Why dont you actually go out and see the city instead of listening to bad news during elections. The police force is not racist, the police chief wasnt racist.. The police board is not racist..

Quote:
5) the size of government is the biggest in proportion in the world, the waste of health care spending is so out of control, you can pump 50% of GDP in it and they can waste it away...
Are you complaining about the size of the government or that we have health care?

Quote:
6) most people in this country takes home 37% or less of their hard-earned money after taxes,
I don't know who does your taxes.. but really.. have someone else look at them.

Quote:
7) People in this country re-elected the liberals because they accept that liars should not be held accountable
Me thinks that you didn't vote Liberal. Me? I voted Liberal because I love this country, and I wasn't prepared for anyone like Harper to tell me it HAD to be reinvented.. I'm hoping you're not as blind a follower as you sound, because right now.. you sound like a sheep

Quote:
why are you proud?
A thousand reasons, I couldnt list them here because I'd be at my keyboard for weeks.. Mostly Im proud that you can have your ideas, I can have mine, and we can both express them in peace, not fearing for the thought police, the morality squad, or the silence of opression..
"Life is possible only with illusions. And so, the question for the science of mental health must become an absolutely new and revolutionary one, yet one that reflects the essence of the human condition: On what level of illusion does one live?"
-- Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73