1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

When you've got a "loaded .45" you don't need to close your garage doors at night

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by ChrisJericho, Jul 14, 2012.

1. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I concur.

I concur. But she probably has pubic hair.

Average.

One of the major reasons why dialing 911 is a little like taping your own epitaph in situations when someone is attempting serious bodily harm.

Again, stereotypical idiot with a gun and no common sense as far as physical security goes. If you own a ~$500 pistol to protect your family and home, you should already have some good Schlage deadbolts and be smart enough to, ya know, actually use them. Same goes for the garage door, windows and sliding glass doors found on most decks. The garage door itself is a huge security problem for a lot of people because almost nobody locks the house/garage door. Here's more info on the topic from white people: Relevant - ITS Tactical - Top 10 Garage Door Tips to Prevent a Break-In

This kind of douchebag is actually worse than the kind of douchebag that relies solely on passive measures.

The old "pistol in nightstand = magical anti-boogeyman talisman" thing.

Perp gets major nutjob props for being all dick-in-the-wind and raiding another man's 'frige.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisJericho

unacceptable

But yeah, when I go running around my neighborhood about 25% of the houses leave their garage doors open the entire evening (ie. the door is open when I run by and 40 minutes when I'm running back the door is still open).

I'm so paranoid that when I'm mowing my backyard I close the garage doors. When I buy a house I'm definitely going to look into one of those openers that continuously changes the code.

Even though I already have such little faith in getting a fast response from law enforcement, the 20 minute response time was slightly surprising given the city. Bellevue is where Microsoft is located and it's full of those damn one percenters. They have tons of cops there given the high property tax revenues and really the cops have nothing to do at night because nothing bad ever happens. I would have expected Bellevue cops to be johnny on the spot and maybe gotten there around 6 minutes.

GOOD THING HE HAD A COLT THOUGH, EVERYTHING ELSE IS TRASH

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm going to go as a landing strip for Halloween. And make you give me a big hug.

You run six miles a night? Impressive.

And 25% of your neighbors, despite living in Richie-Richville, are the kind of people that wipe their ass once and don't look. "Eh, good enough."

Rumor has it you won't have to look very hard. They've been the standard for like thirty years.

Again, how many TeeVee crime supermonsters do the cops have to contend with in the great white northwest? Probably not too many. There may be a lot of cops per square mile (relative, of course), but there are a lot of square miles and anything less than a double digit response time is an act of Allah. It's homogenous and slow in Washington, yo. As such, it's probably a good idea to fend for yourself. Ya know, locking your doors and stuff.

Who needs to lock the doors? Cock the hammer, it's time for action!

Who needs practicality when you've got style?​

Bonus:

Cheesy 1911 rant.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

When they have nothing to do they get used to having nothing to do and they become lazy. I would not at all be shocked to find out they were sleeping... or waiting for the movie "Road House" to end.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

What a tard. The idea of home security is a layered defense. Ya know. Locked doors. Alarms. 911. Semi-automatic weapon with expanding boolits.
    --- merged: Jul 14, 2012 4:18 PM ---
    Neg. I deny she is hot and demand strict proof thereof.

BTW, one of my buddies just moved to Bellvue. Convinced him to purchase a Colt 6720 and PPQ too. You two should link up.

Oh, and just as a ..|., check out my latest ricer piece. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  7. ChrisJericho

I only run like twice a week and I'm very slow now. In high school I think I was doing a 7 minute mile but now I think I'm up to like 10 minute mile. But then again I'm not really racing anyone and I pretty much do it to get fresh air. /end excuses
    --- merged: Jul 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM ---
    Well I'm generally not in the habit of meeting up with strangers from the internet that I've never communicated with (unless there's small fury animals and grape seed oil involved) maybe I'll make an exception for you this time Kirstang.

Carbine length gas system? Really?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Same here, I would say about 25% of the houses leave their garages open all night around here. It's nutts to me; my daughter left the doors open last summer to go to the carwash in the middle of the day and my SO's Calaways golfs clubs disappeared within minutes.
    hmm...he did get a new set now. I should go look out back and see if he buried the old ones. :)
    But seriously it's pretty unwise to leave the doors opened all night.

9. ronnee New Member

you probably won't have SIX SECONDS, and might well have to use karate just to "buy" enough time and space to draw a pistol that you are carrying concealed. Entrance is usually by deception, stealth or violent bursting of doors or windows. Standard garage door "locks' can be bypassed just by jerking on them (down then up) really hard, most of the time. having a gun means nothing if you can't get to it in time, and most of the time, if you aren't CARRYING it, you can't get to it in time. Cops who ARE carrying a pistol often can't draw and hit fast enough, but I am well proven to be twice as fast as they are. :)