1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's stuck in your head today?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Japchae, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Things stick with me all the time...
    Jingles, earworms, songs, you name it.

Tonight, S was listening to this one:

It successfully got this one out of my head.

What's stuck with you today?

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Heard this on the radio earlier, and it's been there ever since:

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

that is some good taste there snowy.

4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I can't get a couple bars of Rural Alberta Advantage's Stamp out of my head...

5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

holy shit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Yesterday, I performed Palestrina's Sicut Cervus for a 9-11 memorial service.
    It is an insidious piece, with, for me, a half-life of three days, and will stalk me until Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I have Cyn's earworm stuck in my head today... so, fuck you, inwas like like, fuck yooooouu.
    For no particular reason.

8. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

I cannot shake the chorus to A Perfect Circle-Passive. Been stuck in my head for weeks.

9. Charlatan

Today it's Sloan's The Other Man

10. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

As much as I hate to say it.... this is just plain stuck...

11. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I just saw that Robot Parade joined TFP5, so I automatically have the TMBG song in my head.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Charlatan

...all they know, is the yellow line! yeah.

13. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

"The store is closing in 15 (10, 5) minutes. Please will customers finalize their purchases and make their way to the checkout counter. Tills will be closed at 7"

I was trying on shoes. I felt smug as I heard the 15, 10 and 5 minutes warnings, because i was only there to try things ON. I knew I was not going to buy anything that day. I did not give a baboon's botty about the closing tills. I knew I could serenely try on shoes and then walk out of the shop.

That's probably why I repeated their message to myself : "Will customers make their way ... LOL ROFTL @$$" , I was going to myself in my head. "Tills will be closed at 7 LIKE I GIVE A DANG LOL"

Unfortunately, fifteen minutes of rehearsing left it like a wall-of-death motorcyclist around the inside of my skull :(
    I'm going to have to go back there morrow and buy something :mad:

14. lullabies... the ones I sang to my children when they were newborn babes. :)

15. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Oh shoot, grumpyolddude (Gramps), yes ... "Diddly Dumpsy Dido" .... a song my dad used to sing to me through my childhood. Wore a deep groove. The recurring image is of him running the bath ... the concert-loud torrent and splashing of the water from the taps ... I was so small it was all at ear level.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm not familiar with "Diddly Dumpsy Dido", Zen. Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral, Let Me Call You Sweetheart, You Are My Sunshine... I had a whole repertoire. Just a few months ago, my 19 year old daughter asked me to sing to her like the "old times." Now, my son is singing to his newborn daughter... there is no emoticon to convey my feelings....

17. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

... and no emoticon to convey my response. Much respect to you and your family.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nefir

Nefir New Member

I have only Lordi to thank for getting this stuck in my head, and my 3-year-old for making me listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over....

But Lordi's awesome, so that's okay!

19. Charlatan

Owen Pallett - This Lamb Sells Condos

20. Talbott's has been running a commercial on Chicago TV recently with this song as the sound bed. I don't know if I even like it but it sure as hell is stuck in my head......

Kind of quirky, kind of cool, definitely different.