1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's on your to do list?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Jun 16, 2015.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

What's on your to do list? How are you going to get it done?

One of the things that happens to me in summer is my MIL turns to me and says, in an echo of her own MIL (because Grandma also asked me this question), "What are you going to do with all that free time?" Since, you know, because we don't have children I can't possibly be busy on my days off from work. :rolleyes: I don't do well with no structure, so I impose structure on my time, regardless of what else is going on. I always have in my mind a list of things to get done with a minimum expectation of what I want to finish.

Today's list:

1) Go to the gym and work out (8am)
    2) Clean the apartment (kitchen, tidy, vacuum)
    3) Personal care (straightening hair, doing my nails)
    4) Go to Costco
    5) Make cookie dough (chocolate chip, peanut butter)
    6) Reorganize my office
    7) Print off AP II reading list (it's lengthy, and I need to cross off stuff I've already read)

#6 is an item that will probably pop up on the list over and over again, as I'm in the middle of decluttering, and I don't have enough bookshelf space for all of my books (needed for work, see #7). #1 pretty much never changes, and it's what gets me going on days where I have "nothing to do." It might seem strange to some people to have #3 on the list, but I have to think of it as a thing that has to get done, or else I forget, and my appearance is not very professional if my hair isn't straightened or curled. Doing my nails is just something I enjoy :) Between all of those things, I should be busy most of the day, and I have to be home most of the afternoon for a wine delivery :D

What's yours?

2. pWf

pWf Getting Tilted

Being newly single, and free of 5 kids in the house, six if you count the ex... I thought I would have tons of free time, however it seems I have less time than ever before. I am not sure if it is because I don't have to answer to anybody, and can work on stuff without having to be interrupted dozens of times. Because I am doing all the things I have wanted to do for soo long? Not sure..
    1) Day to day clean house
    2) Clean house to make some headway of neglected things
    3) Keep car in running order, has 200,000 miles on it and seems to be at the point I am fixing it on a regular basis.
    4) Get my backlog of pictures edited from concerts I have shot, especially during my "dark days" and since
    5) Get my ass back to the GYM!!!

More of an over all list than day to day, hope thats ok..

3. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Mrs. Levite

• Like Like x 7
  4. snowy

I had to stray a couple of times from my list today to do more things: buy a Father's day card, for one, and clean out the car, for two.

5. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Make a "to do" list when I come up for air.

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

My list today got shot to shit because my dentist called asking if I wanted to come in today, as they had a cancellation. I'm having about 1.5 hours of work done. At least I'll get in a good nap.

Today's list:
    1) Gym (done)
    2) Clean apartment (half done)
    3) Wash car (done)
    4) Clean car (done)
    5) Pick up glasses from eye doctor
    6) Shopping (need Gorilla glue, hot dog forks, grill brush)
    7) Dentist

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Testing
    Intake
    Report writing
    Testing
    Yoga
    Shower
    Home... Dinner?
    Empty dishwasher
    Vacuum cat room
    Launder yoga mats and workout clothes
    Watch Masterchef or something
    Sleep?

8. snowy

1) Food, food, more food (cookies, pasta salad, potato salad, brownies, crisp topping)
    2) Gym (late today, wanted to cook while it was cool)
    3) Pack the car!!!
    4) Clean the house spotless. I hate coming home from a trip to a messy place. It ruins the mini-break bliss.

9. snowy

Getting sick definitely got in the way of my to do list. I'm a really driven person, so it was hard to take it easy. I've been easing myself back into things, using Wunderlist and Pomodroido to be productive.

Today's to dos:

1) Fill out employment paperwork (done)
    2) Bank (done)
    3) Clean the kitchen (done)
    4) Cook some food for the week ahead (in process)
    5) Write (in process)
    6) Read

Life is hard sometimes, y'know? :p

10. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I'm thinking longer term, bigger picture: Go to France and Italy and ride some of the mountain pass stages from the Giro and Tour de France.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Finish tax returns. I got an extension to Aug 15, which is coming right up soon.

12. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

The work list is too long.
    The home list has been getting shorter:
    • Pickup blinds and gazebo from neighbour
      Hit the ATM
      Find new furniture for bedroom
      Decide on vacation location

13. snowy

Since I can't touch anything in my apartment right now, my usual to do list got shot, as did all of my plans for the day. Sigh.

Longer term, over the week:
    --Go to the library to get Julia Child's Vol. 2 of Mastering the Art of French Cooking for its baguette recipe, which is sublime
    --Finish baking the ciabatta I made poolish for
    --Make pickles for my banh mi
    --Make dressing for my chopped veggie salad
    --Make dressing for the noodle salad
    --Make mushroom pate for the banh mi
    --Make and bake baguettes

I love planning meals that take so many steps.

14. snowy

This week is a lot simpler than last week, but there is still a lot to get done, and I'm not at all motivated. Maybe writing it down here will help.

--Take books back to the library
    --Put some things in the mail
    --Clean the apartment (living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom)
    --Apply for a couple of jobs
    --Drop off some paperwork

15. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Finish my Jane's Addiction blog post.
    Finish editing Aurum Shield.
    Make chicken for the taco bar for my coworkers retirement party (she's who I'm taking over for).
    Get my bike ready for winter.

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I scheduled today off.

I had my RFA yesterday afternoon, so I knew I would be in some pain today.

So I'm just going to chill with the BGE smoking a pork shoulder and some baked beans. I also may relax poolside for a few hours (neighbors, who aren't home, have a pool, I have permission to use it whenever).

• Like Like x 2
  17. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Just had to google RFA. Ouch. Hope everything's OK @Borla!

Outside Yard Work - convince the bees to move, corral the flowers that have taken over our front steps
    Swap out New/Old dryers
    Car Maintenance
    Pick up Dog Marrow Bones

• Like Like x 1
  18. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The procedure is pretty painful (I opt not to be sedated, and have six nerves burned), as is the few days after. But it gives me several months of incredible relief, so it is worth it in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My to do list is just the same as ya'lls way too long, up to my ass in alligators.

20. snowy

-Finish employment paperwork, drop it off
    -Go to the gym (maybe? I'm considering the possibility that I should wait until my husband can join me, as my heart rate is still out of whack from the prednisone)
    -Go to the library, drop off books, pick books up
    -Finish cleaning the house
    -Float

• Like Like x 1