1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Breakfast was hours ago. You're hungry, and I am too.

What's for lunch?

Pics, of course, are welcome.

For me today, it's Amy's Organic Lentil Soup and two slices of mixed whole grain toast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm headed to Greektown in a few minutes - Greek Islands for you Chicagoans. I think I'll have the pasticio but might decide to go for the spartan chicken instead. I'll definitely have some taramousalata and saganaki.

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Usually whatever I make for the kids, but I pass on what that may more often than not and find something different or skip lunch entirely

4. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

I had a gyro sandwich and a greek salad today with a sweet tea.

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I'm currently in the middle of my (rather late) lunch. Sushi from the place that's local to the office is my standard Friday fare.

6. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Beef Ramen!

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Homemade macaroni and cheese! We're back to the winter menu at work after four months of the summer menu. Helloooo, comfort food.

8. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

hamBURGER!

9. Billie

Billie New Member

Just now eating fresh blueberries in a bowl of shreddies with milk.

10. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I made pasta salad last night for my daughter and myself.
    Hers was simple: rotini pasta, mozzarella, broccoli, and carrots with fat free italian dressing.
    I like more stuff in mine. Mine had rotini pasta, carrots, mozzarella, black olives, grape tomatoes, and pepperoni with fat free italian dressing.
    I think they came out pretty tasty :) No pictures, sorry.

11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I'm having salmon salad (salmon, mayo, chopped celery, scallions, walnuts, pecans, --my own recipe) on lettuce with slices of hard boiled egg, onions, tomato, and avocado. Blueberries for desert.

12. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

I had a cajun fried dolphin poboy with a side of cheesy grits and key lime pie

13. Baraka_Guru

Carrots and cucumber dipped in black bean and parsley hummus

14. Left over lasagna....yes, I cooked something last night and it turned out pretty good. :p I'll be going to lunch 1.5 hours sooner than normal due to all of my meetings today. This kind of annoys me.

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Three-bean chili. Our cook makes a mean vegetarian chili. I'll probably get to bring the leftovers home.

16. Unless I'm out and about lunch is normally random leftovers or a simple sandwich. Today... Most likely random stuff.

17. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Today is a "range day", we go target shooting.
    So, after that it's usually lunch at "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant" in Davie FL...a chicken souvlaki (?) plate...grilled chicken pieces on a skewer, carrots, peas and potato, small portion of greek salad with tomato and feta...hummus and pita. (bargain at $9)

18. Baraka_Guru

Chana masala with 12-grain toast

19. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

well... it was supposed to be BBQ Stir Fry but ended up being a chocolate bar and pepsi.... I ate my lunch for breakfast....

20. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Eggplant parm. Made with freshly picked eggplant.