1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What did you have for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I hope you've eaten!

This morning, I had a bowl of All-Bran Buds with sliced strawberries, unsalted pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened soy milk.

What did you have?

Pics welcome, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Instant Oatmeal (plain)
    1/2 English Muffin with rasberry jelly.
    2 glasses of water.
    5 cups of coffee.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A Nutrigrain bar. I love real breakfast food but hate getting up early enough to do a proper breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

A big bowl of a dumbass.

1 - Single serving bowl of Total Raisin Bran
    1 - Box 'o UHT skim milk
    2 - Single serving peanut butter trays
    1 - MET-Rx protein powder (strawberry colored)
    1 - Diet Coke

• Like Like x 1
  5. A fried egg with a slice of melted cheese on a piece of whole wheat toast. A handful of dried cranberries. A glass of iced tea.

* and a couple squares of Cadbury milk chocolate. I couldn't resist.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marionberry Scone and coffee. I woke up too late to even eat cereal at home, so I had to pick something up at the coffee shop on campus.

I like to make a full breakfast (ok, sometimes it's lunch) on the weekends. I'm thinking about Biscuits and Gravy this weekend. Mmmmmmm...gravy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Several double lattes. I typically only eat 2 meals a day and I'm thoroughly wired until lunchtime.

8. A bowl of this with 1% milk and coffee

[​IMG]

Before too long I'll switch over to oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar for the winter. And with coffee, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

Cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit........I know its not a proper breakfast but some mornings I just don't feel like making breakfast, I'm still half asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baraka_Guru

I should mention that I always have a matcha after breakfast.

11. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

I had nothing to eat until lunch, today. I did this, today, because I was running late. Normally; whole wheat/ peanut butter toast.
    I do not agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, an usually find it unnecessary and a performance hinderance.
    Usually, if I eat breakfast, I am starving and sluggish by 10am. If I just have a few drinks (coffee, water), I am much clearer.

I feel that lunch is the most important. Europeans are not fat and their primary meal is mid day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Had some grits casserole and an English breakfast tea. The casserole had sausage and cheese in it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Where in Oregon are you?

I am a huge biscuits and gravy fan. I had some of the best I've had in my entire life at Byways Cafe in Portland. It is a massive portion too. Check it out, I doubt you'll be disappointed. :)

14. Baraka_Guru

I'd prefer not to go 16+ hours between meals. Also, a number of studies are now showing that weight problems tend to be higher among those who skip breakfast.

Also, depending on the European country, 1 to 2 out of 10 adults are obese. That makes me wonder how many are "merely" overweight. It's not nearly as bad as the U.S., but it's not among the best of rates around the world.

I would be surprised to find many health professionals trained in nutrition who would disagree about the importance of breakfast, i.e. eating after a prolonged period of not eating.

15. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I completely agree with Phi Eyed.

On work days (whether domestic or international), I rarely have breakfast, unless I'm meeting someone for the same.

On holiday, I usually have a chocolate croissant with a latté macchiatto. Or something of that nature and quantity.

Further on work days, my most important meal is a well-sized lunch (I also rarely have dinner, unless I'm traveling or meeting someone). For holidays, the priority shifts to dinners.

16. Baraka_Guru

Remixer, it's just that it's a foreign concept to me. I rarely leave the house before having breakfast. When I do, most of the time it's to either head for breakfast or an early lunch.

Even if I only have 5 minutes to leave, some of that time is to grab something to eat on my way out.

17. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

I'm terrible about breakfast, mostly because I sleep until the latest possible moment (and then some). I'm also not a fan of most breakfast foods. If I had time to make eggs in the morning (I could, but that would require going to bed earlier and I'm a night person), then I'd do that. Instead, I often don't eat anything until I get lunch. Sometimes I have a caffeinated beverage in place of breakfast - gotta have something to provide the energy that I'm not getting from food in the morning.

All in all, terribly unhealthy and not particularly tasty. :(
    --- merged: Sep 16, 2011 8:28 PM ---
    Agreed. The idea that Europeans are more healthy because their lunch is larger than their breakfast entirely misses the point. Phi Eyed, I don't know if you're European but if you are maybe this discussion has made you think breakfast is a major part of American lifestyle and therefore it may be part of why we're generally fatter. In fact, it's the opposite. The most important meal of the day for most Americans is dinner, with breakfast being the least important (and often skipped). Compared to that, lunch is certainly healthier, but there have been many studies showing that breakfast has the largest impact.

18. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Hey, I'm not knocking the 3-meals-per day routine.

It is clearly the better of the two. Three medium-sized meals provide a much better energy intake and give the body an opportunity to be much more efficient in the output of energy, as otherwise the large energy intake from a single large meal is mostly converted into fat and "stored".

Hell, when I was in my peak training phase, I'd have anything between 5 to 8 small meals throughout an entire day to maximize efficiency.

19. I was on a five meal a day plan that caused me to lose over 20 pounds in less than 3 months. It was so simple. I never got hungry once. It included breakfast, a rather hearty breakfast at that. It isn't how often you eat, it is what you eat. I say it was simple because it never got hungry. But it was very difficult to sustain eating 5 times a day especially as I was doing a lot of business travel then.

20. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Microwaved meatballs on a bagel.