1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Trying the Ignore Member Preference...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lindy, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

It was starting to seem like the board was being pimped around and taken prisoner, so I decided to do my own moderation, just to see how it works. I've never tried that before.:)

• Like Like x 8
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'll be broken-hearted if it's my posts you can't read. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. AuntBee

AuntBee Vertical

Is Lindy hot?

4. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Who's member are you ignoring? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AuntBee

AuntBee Vertical

I just broke up with Taneytown. I've had enough. This man cannot provide me with what I need. I know this is new to you all but the fact is I've loved the idea of this man now for 14 years, coming up on 15. Damn him. This time it's for real. I've taken measures to block him on my gmail and other media. This was a big night for me and I feel clean(ish) now. Listening to Molina's Farewell Transmission now. Taney I hope you Listen.
    --- merged: Nov 11, 2015 at 2:22 AM ---
    Love you.
    --- merged: Nov 11, 2015 at 2:30 AM ---
    I'm going to be strong this time. Toothpicks and twine can't hold this together. I'm so sorry it has to be this public, but this is your new reality as you didn't heed others' warnings. I just took D outside and will leave the key in the key in the normal place. She pooped and peed. Goddamnn. Goodbye, :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Right there with you Lindy.

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Might I ask that you guys report posts that you find bothersome. The report post feature is for more than just spam. It creates a report on the backend that gives us documentation when there is an issue, whether that is an inappropriate post, a post in the wrong spot, something annoying, or something repeatedly annoying.

We don't know there is an issue unless you tell the staff. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

yes please use all the tools available.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I've used the ignore feature on another forum. It worked for the original posts made the the ignoree, but if someone quoted them you could still read their posts. Which defeated the purpose of ignore, IMO.

------------------

A thread got locked. :cool:

10. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Ignoring member posts you find annoying is a good call. Personally, I have that function installed in my brain, but using the one on the forum is also a good idea.

• Like Like x 6
  11. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I feel like there's some sort of schtick going on with these 2 .......but I can't find anything remotely entertaining or funny about it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm firmly convinced that an existing TFP member--maybe two--opened a couple of new accounts.

/gutfeeling

Edit--It has been explained to me in a thread that this was checked out and no such proof was found.

/stickingwithmygutfeeling

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cynthetiq

We catch them. Don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I tried to install the feature, but evidently I need a firmware update and I am out of warranty and the model is old enough the update isn't available......

• Like Like x 2
  15. The ignore button is a nice thing to have. When you get tired of a specific person's crazy and delusions...use it.

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Did someone just say something? I must've missed it...

• Like Like x 5
  17. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I was going to but I forgot what it was....

What were we talking about again?

• Like Like x 3
  18. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I'm SO glad it's not just me!!

Is there a way to ignore from Tapatalk? If not, I can just ignore in my brain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cynthetiq

I found a way to ignore from tapatalk, just ban 'em.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

That's the best way