1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the news

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Jul 2, 2013.

1. A bit more serious than Pointless Announcements. But not a thread for political discussion. Just discussion of today's news; some serious, some not.

Today's entry....

Consumer group outs 'Worst Restaurant Meal in America' - chicagotribune.com

There's a Long John's Silvers not too far from where I live. I drove by it last week and wondered if it is still the same greasy food that I recalled from years ago. Evidently so. I've not been in one in at least 20 years. And have no intention to in the future although I do love seafood. How this chain can continue serving trans fat laden fare is puzzling, especially when the options are quite reasonable.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  3. CrazyBeing Vertical

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

5. snowy

Oregon did it first :p Service planned to mourn geese euthanized in Bend | OregonLive.com

Goose culls have happened elsewhere, but here we feed the geese to the homeless, unlike NYC: Why We Can't Eat Slaughtered Geese - NYTimes.com

As someone who has frequented one of the parks in Bend where the geese were a persistent problem, I support the culling of the geese there. Seriously--after floating the river, the last thing I want to do is get out of Mirror Pond and step on a bunch of goose shit. There were parts of Drake Park where there was more goose shit than grass.

6. A groundskeeper at a local golf course spent a year in prison for shooting at the geese befouling his greens. They gave him his job back when he was released.

7. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  8. snowy

• Like Like x 2
  9. redux

redux Very Tilted

Tonight was the first lighting

[​IMG]
    Washington Monument Cam

• Like Like x 1
  10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Oh good, it looks like a cross between a Russian rocket and a bedazzled dong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

12. snowy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013