1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

there's a way to time your draw, without electronics

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by ronnee, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnee New Member

there's an app, or so I understand, to turn a smart phone into a shooting timer, but the old west test of draw speed was to hold out your drawing hand, fully outstrteched at waist height, with a coin on the back of your gun hand. let the coin drop as you draw, and dryfire the gun before the coin hits the ground. a truly fast man can beat the coin, from IWB, inside the waistband, (openly worn, no concealing shirt) to a 2 handed, eye level firing stance. A very few men can put the coin on the back of their non shooting hand, at waist height, drop the coin, use that hand to "clear" a t shirt tail that is covering the IWB rig, draw the gun with the other hand, and drysnap a 1 handed, hip level point shot before the coin hits.

A fast man can toss up a soda can with his weak side hand, use that hand to clear the shirttail, draw and hit the can in midair, range about 6-8 fet from the muzzle, nearly straight up. A very few men can do this, starting with the chamber empty, cycle the slide and still hit the can in the air. :) this last drill is truly fast gunhandling, but anyone can learn to do the simple version, using AirSoft "guns" , 1/2 c per shot, with non lethal, quiet, VISIBLE IN FLIGHT "bb's".
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM ---
    I see many other threads that are not discussions as such, either. not my fault if nobody knows enough to "chime in", you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    There is nothing here to encourage discussion. This is more like a blog post. The thread is closed indefinitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.