1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The TFP Concert

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by grumpyolddude, Sep 12, 2011.

1. We have so many talented folk residing hereabouts. Artists, photographers, poets, essayists, authors, and cartoonists have shared their wares, and we are all richer in spirit for their generosity. Thank you all!

We also have musicians, songwriters and vocalists of all genres and levels of accomplishment. We need to hear, and if possible, see them perform! Step out! Post your videos, link your MP3s... grab your place in the spotlight!

Ladies and Gentlemen: THE TFP CONCERT!!!

I'll even go first...................

• Like Like x 2
  2. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Sorry for all the Norwegian text - this is a quick and dirty presentation video of my band. It wasn't even a proper gig, but a wedding party for some friends where they declared "open stage" time. I think we need some good videos of our "real" shows.

Music starts at 0:20

PS: Grumpy - I can't see your video - could be due to some privacy settings.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Rock Ain't Dead NSFW :D
    © Zen 2009

Here's best quality at 320k/sec
    Rock Ain't Dead 320

I wanted to model pulse and pacing on Hendrix' Voodoo Chile (not slight return), so it is long at eleven minutes; therefore for people with slower connections, I've upped it at 192k/sec.
    Rock Ain't dead 192

Here is the 'Rock Ain't Dead' - Lyric

• Like Like x 7
  4. I'll see what I can do about fixing that...
    Good to see some traffic. Thought I'd started a dead-end thread:)

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I like this idea. I'm going to try to goad the boys into putting something together.

6. Freeload... love the name of the band! Really enjoy the Stevie Ray cover. Wanna hear/see more!

Zen.... raw and gritty! No, no, no... Rock Ain't Dead! I bet you've got more in your bag of tricks!

Bring it on Martian! Time to rattle Fly 's cage!

BTW..... is everybody having trouble seeing my video?

7. Let's try it like this:

[​IMG]

Kinda squished.... wonder why that happened...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Eh, grumpyolddude, Now that was luxury ... three-piece has always been one of my favourite line-ups. No passengers and everybody works hard. I love that bass stack!All the tone was coming out whilst the kick filled the bottom ... there was something about that room which made that kick kind of wet and huge ... almost Bonham. Good job!

Freeload ? I did a 'like' earlier on, but I just want to say, you guys got such a snappy back-beat going, and that drummer ... his fills had elements of what I suppose I'd call 'heavy jazz' ... many very witty moments in that piece :)

9. Yessir, Zen, the festival provided a killer backline and the crew at the Royal Oak Music Theater are total pros... best monitors we've had short of using our in-ear system. DL brought his Vox. He doesn't like rolling the dice when it comes to tone. Our good friend Clint was running the board.

My usual rig is a GK 1001RB through either a 4x10 Crate, a single modded Vox T100 (custom Eminence 12 and 15), or (when I really want to show off) 2 of those T100s. The GK is retro'd into a Vox bass head shell... a very cool look when stacked on that T100 trolley.

10. Fly

Fly music is the answer

great idea grump.........all i have is old vids......maybe i'll dig through and see what's in this comp.

so this is The Bluefly Trio about 6 years ago......

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

nicely done Freeload.......sounds freakin' tight man

killer sound too Zen,nicely done fellas.

and grump,you already know i'm a fan of your stuff

12. Hey, Fly... I cheat. Your youtube links at the end of the clip lead to Old Wood Shack (really dig that flow) and Too Much Talk. Hope everyone else enjoys, too!

Here's our old vid of Feel Alright w/our original drummer Jeff, friend Freddy on keys and sax, and the lovely Christina who makes it all worth watching.....:D

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

thanks grump......appreciated

14. Fly

Fly music is the answer

writing a new tune

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fly

Fly music is the answer

i'll try and dial that in tonight grump.........so 7:15 here i guess,and i just click your link and it'll lead me there?

16. Yep, that should be the link to the live broadcast.

17. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

nice thread, fellas :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I only wish it were a little more active. I could have sworn we had more performers than this, though I can think of a couple who haven't made the migration to 5.0 as of yet.

If the above link doesn't get you to the show, try: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/udetroit-live

19. Fly

Fly music is the answer

thank you mixed........and grump,thanks to you as well.....

and I too would love to see more peeps that play join in.........