1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sons of Guns

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by Ozmanitis, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

OK, who else likes to watch the guns and antics that comes out of Red Jacket Firearms on the discovery channel?

2. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Vertical

I think that show and others like it are pathetic and only add to the pool of idiocy surrounding the firearms community.

It is the Jerry Springer of firearms shows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SoG et al make my brain hurt. I keep waiting to hear that one of these outfits has either been shut down by ATF, or that somebody's been on the wrong end of a negligent discharge and died as a result. Red Jacket's firearms also have a...shall we say, less-than-stellar?...reputation in the serious shooting community as far as build quality goes.

4. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

Wow, and here I thought I was alone in that thinking. can you say drummed up drama?

5. omega

omega Very Tilted

I enjoyed the first season. Once they started tying 4 m16s together, I gave up. it just seemed like hokey stunts as opposed to something functional. Restoring the flamethrower was cool. Making the little rocket launcher was cheezy. I was always waiting for the daughter to snag a lip on those teeth.

6. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

is it cheesey? yes but I like cheese. I find it entertaining when there is nothing else on I feel like watching.

7. Jokorey New Member

The first season was very solid, if frustrating; I wanted to see a lot more of the actual gun making process! I stopped watching after Vince left though, and wasn't watching with any kind of real enjoyment for a while before that.

I did however try to search up some more about Vince leaving, and the drama surrounding RJF is definitely there, if more along the lines of "revocation of licenses" than what they show on tv.

8. ronnee New Member

yeah, she flinches SO badly that it's an embarrassment, ditto the daughter on the other gun series, the guy in CO with the chopper. His WIFE, tho, can shoot.

9. OhCastleBravo

OhCastleBravo New Member

ehh, i watch it for things that go "bang." there is no other appeal.

obligatory "nevah been done before" goes here.