1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Lochte, Jimmy Feigen, Gunnar Bentz, and Jack Conger.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Ryan Lochte, Jimmy Feigen, Gunnar Bentz, and Jack Conger.

By now most people have heard the stories, and know that Lochte has lost four endorsement deals that could cost him millions of dollars. His apologies and explanations have left much to be desired, namely taking responsibility for his original stupidity and then compounding it.

Last night one of the local TV sportscasters gave an editorial in which he blamed the officials in Rio for exaggerating and exploiting what happened. The dipshit pretty much said what the four did wasn't that big of a deal, but how the Rio officials (mis)handled the situation was a big deal. He even slammed one of the companies for dropping Lochte.

It's interesting that he chose to mention only the small & nearly unknown mattress company, Airweave, by name, not the other three large widely recognized companies. I wonder if the large companies were not mentioned specifically because they spend major advertising money with the parent network :rolleyes:?

• Like Like x 2
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This whole situation is dumb. Ryan Lochte is even more of a brotard than I thought possible.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Chris Noyb

If Lochte was a clueless 18YO, maybe cut him a little slack. But he's 32YO man (or perhaps still a boy, judging by his juvenile actions).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

If he'd have said he got loaded and did some stupid stuff, the world would have just shrugged it off. Partying after a gold medal is understandable and something corporate sponsors will tolerate.Deception and lying, not so much.

I have no sympathy for him.

• Like Like x 3
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

meh

Just another thing to distract us from the real issues and problems.
    If people and the media made as much fuss about them...

• Like Like x 3
  6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

7. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

This is way off topic, but I have to admit the word "brotard" made me laugh so much that it inspired a whole new meme:
    [​IMG]

Oh, the possibilities...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Chris Noyb

To go even further off topic...

MMG's post (I'm so envious of your media skills!!) reminded me of an interview I saw on one of the late night talk shows. One of the "brotards" from Jersey Shore (gag, puke, puke some more) mentioned that he had a college degree and running his own successful business. He stopped just a hair short of saying that the Workout, Party, & Get Laid persona presented on JS was staged bullshit (not that most reasonably intelligent folks didn't already know that).

• Like Like x 1
  9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Saw this a few days ago, and it made me giggle.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

OMG. All the preppie Connecticut guys I went to HS with looked like this. Later on, lots Southern California dudes, too. But no one cool, ever.

11. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Saw this thread and said to myself who are these people? Now I'm just saying I don't care enough to know who these people are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

That is understandable. As rogue49 pointed out there are many more important things to be concerned about.

Something else not worth thinking about: Lochte is going to appear on Dancing With The Stars.