1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Oliver Sacks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Street Pattern, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

2. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I'm in the middle of reading his memoir. I have a lot of his material to get through, but he was a fascinating human being. I'm glad I'm getting exposure to his outlook on life and some of the problems he tackled in medicine.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I shelved The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat on Friday and thought, I wonder how he's doing.

It's sad, but he had an incredible impact with his work, and that will last.

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Brilliant man, gave me insight into the brain and how it worked that made living with one that doesn't work the way most folks do a whole lot easier.
    RIP.

6. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I heard him several times being interviewed on NPR and on the BBC, and always enjoyed what he had to say very much. I remember listening to him discussing synesthesia: it was so fascinating that I sat in a grocery store parking lot for like 20 minutes listening until he finished.

7. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

8. redux

redux Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1