1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow flag: symbol of hate?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Street Pattern, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I did not know that "many" see the rainbow flag as "a symbol of anti-Christian hate."

--- merged: Aug 27, 2015 at 7:14 PM ---
    nolte.jpg

More links:
    * OKAY, THEN TAKE DOWN THE ANTI-CHRISTIAN GAY-PRIDE FLAG
    * IF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG HAS TO COME DOWN, THEN SO DOES THE LGBT RAINBOW FLAG
    * UNBELIEVABLE: Look What Reno City Hall Building Replaced the American Flag With
    * Take Down This Rainbow Flag! — Medium
    * Dead Breitbart Real Upset How Gay Rainbow Flag Murdered Those Marines In Chattanooga - Wonkette
    * Rainbow Flag Reportedly Found In Vester Flanagan’s Apartment | Occidental Dissent
    * A Confederacy of dunces against gay pride flag - The Washington Post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I think you have to consider the sources of that "news" when weighing how much legitimacy to give them.

I think the spirit and idea of prosecuting "hate crimes" at a higher level has good intentions and decent logic behind it. The consistency and level of common sense applied to it in practice has been pretty poor IMO.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Um, wait, what?

The rainbow, in general, is a symbol of God's love and covenant with his people following the Flood. I thought those crazy right-wingers wanted to reclaim it as such. Hrm.

4. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Um. Wow.
    Some people see hate everywhere.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Some people think, "Everyone's against us!"

When it's more likely a scenario of a long time bully hitting another person while yelling "Stop hitting me!" repeatedly. :mad:

6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Not surprised to see this.

It's the same sort of crap we hear from White Power and (some) MRA groups.

7. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

That's some Christian propaganda right there.

It fits the "oppressed Christian" narrative in North America that's so funny when you consider the real Christian oppression overseas. Or any real oppression.

8. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Call it the "Todd Starnes" effect; but I have a hard time accepting white, male. Christian, heterosexuals as a persecuted class.

9. redux

redux Very Tilted

It is quite a comparison...a flag representing freedom and equality and a flag with historic ties to slavery.

There has been a call for an Emancipation Proclamation to free America from the tyranny of sodomy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

More of the same garbage...

11. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Sites like Breitbart are just septic ponds of ultra-right-wing propaganda. Nobody in their right mind thinks the rainbow flag is a hate flag.

I have Republican friends, most of whom are fairly pro-GLBTQ rights, and they would laugh at this idea. Even the couple Christian priests and ministers I know who are religiously opposed to open homosexuality (who, BTW are vastly outnumbered in my acquaintance by Christian ministers and priests who are pro-GLBTQ rights) wouldn't call the rainbow flag a hate flag.

You've got to be batshit crazy, so far to the right you can see the side of your own ass, if you're going to believe crap like that.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

[​IMG]

The Tea Party conservatives won't know what to do if they start waving this flag.

• Like Like x 1