1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

QOTD #9: Have you ever made your Halloween costume?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Sep 21, 2015.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Have you ever made your Halloween costume?
    What was it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I've never created my own costume (yet), but with the exception of only a few years, I always piece something together with things from my closet. My wardrobe is great for gypsy and witch/sorceress costumes, it would seem.

This year, I'm going to try to sew something. I don't have anything specific in mind, but since I want to sew something for the Renn Fest, I may use it for a Halloween costume as well. I do have a pattern for a really cool steampunk outfit, but that may have to wait until I get a little better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect

ive never made my own per say, but i remember when i was about 10 my mom made me a teenage mutant ninja turtles costume. she couldnt find one at a store so she made me one. i will never forget that. i felt like the king of the neighborhood, and i know my mom was proud, not only cause she made it but because i loved it. and for the record i was donatello

• Like Like x 1
  4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Timely thread.
    Our youngest (5) has announced that she wants to be an owl or a hawk for Halloween.
    Mama looks concerned......

• Like Like x 3
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Sure, I've made quite a few.

My favorite was when I was the Grim Reaper.
    It was for a frat party.
    My face was painted skull.

I got so plastered...and my face came off on the pretty lady I was mackin' on. :D
    She was also too buzzed to notice...

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to be this year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yes. I once went to a Halloween party as a Binder Full of Women.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I've done it a few times.

The simplest costume was a Hello My Name Is sticker. I simply wrote in God. I just wore my regular clothes (who is to really say what God would look like?). One year I wrapped my whole body in old sheets and went as a mummy (I wore long underwear underneath). It worked fairly well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I have made a few. My favorite, and one of the easiest was going as a TMZ paparazzi. I have the camera for it too, that is the expensive part...

I want to go as a Baywatch lifeguard this year. I just need a party to go to. I wish I was in Vegas again for Halloween...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will be sort of making the family costume this year. Gluing some letters to a shit and piecing together BabySquirrel's. We'll be cute!

10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Whose shit are you using?

:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Mine?