1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

QOTD #33: What color are your eyes?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Nov 19, 2015.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

How would you describe your eyes? Do you have blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, other?
    How about your siblings?
    And your spouse?
    And your children?

Do you pay much attention to eye color?

Recently people have been remarking on the brilliance of my baby's blue eyes. It's pretty standard for babies to have blue eyes. Yet people still comment. I find it... odd. But hey, I think she's pretty so I say thanks and it does make me smile.

I have a friend who has blue eyes who married someone else with blue eyes, but their siblings and parents all have hazel eyes, and their children have hazel eyes. They were pretty shocked that both of their sons grew out of their baby blue eyes.

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

My eyes are hazel, and depending on lighting or what color I'm wearing, they can appear to be blue, green, or sometimes grey. Also have some little gold flecks going on.

My dad has brown eyes, my mom has blue eyes. My oldest younger brother (same parents) had blue eyes. Other three younger brothers have a different mom, who has brown eyes. Both my dad and my stepmom have a blue-eyed parent. One brother has light brown eyes; one has hazel sort of like mine; and the youngest has really dark brown eyes that look black in certain lighting.

Eye color is one of the first things I notice about people, maybe because I spent so much time studying my own (even during my lowest points, self-esteem-wise, I've always liked my eyes.) I was also fascinated by the genetics of eye color, and doing Punnett squares in biology was one of my favorite things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

lol, ill have to check and get back to this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Brown to olive.
    They seem to vary somewhat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Mine are green with brown flecks. In every generation of my father's family there is one brown eyed child with freckles and wavy hair. They tend to be shorter and thinner in younger age. My sister is that person in our family. The rest of us all have green eyes.
    Hubs has green eyes, too. But his tend towards a little more blue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

My eyes are brown-- like milk chocolate. Mrs. Levite's are dark brown like a coffee. Little Levite's eyes are the same brown as mine. Baby Levite's eyes are the same dark brown as Mrs. Levite's.

I do notice eye color; in the past, I have almost always favored particularly rare eye colors: green, gray, lavender, true black. But I haven't been so choosy based on eye color that I've turned away from hooking up with (or, as it turns out, marrying) girls with blue or brown eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Brown because I am full of shit.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

How would you describe your eyes? Too close together?

Do you have blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, other? My eye are blue. They are darker or lighter blue sometimes.

How about your siblings? My brother has brown eyes, as did my father. My mom has hazel eyes. My lack of brown eyes was always used to fuel rumours that my mom had a lover and I was his kid.

And your spouse? My wife has light brown eyes with gold flecks.
    And your children? My son has blue and my daughter's eyes match her Mom's.

Do you pay much attention to eye color? I didn't before I moved to Asia. Now blue eyes, which are rare here, tend to pop out (so to speak).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. My eyes are brown, as were my father's. My mother's eyes were blue. I have one sister with blue eyes, the other five have brown. One brother has hazel eyes, the other three had brown.

QW has beautiful brown eyes, while one son and our daughter have blue and the other son has variable hazel/green eyes.

Eyes draw my attention. Regardless of color, I find striking eyes are very attractive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

• Like Like x 2
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Bright Blue :)

Eyes are what I'm most attracted to
    Bodies are optional...but you've always got to have a nice set of peepers for my tastes.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Cocktail olive green ;) They appear to be more brown or green depending on what I wear.

I had gray eyes when I was born. I took after my mom. My husband has eyes that are a shade of blue that changes with what he wears.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Hazel.
    Fancy way of saying brown but they do have a gold tinge to them which is either a sign of some kind of diagnosed condition or kinda cool.

I like a green eyed lady but it's not something I think too much about.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448069058.298443.jpg

Well this is a different way to do this one.

• Like Like x 5
  15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I'm told hazel, or blue or green, depends on my mood. However I'm colour blind, so no matter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

95% of the time, my eyes are bright green. I usually wear purple makeup to enhance the colour. It works rather nicely.
    The rest of the time, my eyes change to grey, or blue. Sometimes a strange mix of all three colours.
    I tend to look at eyes rather closely, definitely an attractive feature.
    My fiance has blue eyes. My brother has green/hazel eyes, like mine, but flecks of gold. My mom has the darkest brown eyes I've ever seen. And my dad had green eyes like me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Mine are green, and hard to see clearly because of my droopy eyelids.

• Like Like x 1
  18. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Mine are blue. My parents and siblings are all blue eyed. My wife is blue eyed and both our boys have blue eyes. Who'da thunk it? :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. IanBrianna

IanBrianna New Member

Brown with blue rings. 13"]How would you describe your eyes? Do you have blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, other?
    How about your siblings? Sister - brown. Brother - blue.
    And your spouse? Divorced
    And your children? One son brown eyes, one son hazel.

Do you pay much attention to eye color? Nope

Recently people have been remarking on the brilliance of my baby's blue eyes. It's pretty standard for babies to have blue eyes. Yet people still comment. I find it... odd. But hey, I think she's pretty so I say thanks and it does make me smile.

I have a friend who has blue eyes who married someone else with blue eyes, but their siblings and parents all have hazel eyes, and their children have hazel eyes. They were pretty shocked that both of their sons grew out of their baby blue eyes.[/quote]

20. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

My sisters and I have green eyes.
    My ex-spouse has blue, as does my dad. My mom has hazel.
    My kids have blue, blue, and brown/hazel eyes.
    I dislike light blue eyes that look like steel/gray. I tend to have a short temper around them.

• Like Like x 1