1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Reubens died at age 70

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Chris Noyb, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Paul Reubens, probably best known for his character Pee-wee Herman, died yesterday from cancer.

Thank you for the laughs, Paul. God speed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I remember mimicking his Pee-Wee voice with my fraternity brothers.
    "I know you are but what am I?" The laugh, everything.

Got into the skit when it came onto HBO for a one-time show.

Too bad for all his woes.
    He had a certain something to bring out that character. (including in the Cheech & Chong movies he guested in)

RIP, funny man.

• Like Like x 2
  3. My family had an odd tradition of watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and/or Young Frankenstein, and I was just the right age to be a kid and watch some of his show, so I have a lot of nostalgia for Pee-Wee.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the whole "hide your fatal illness thing" he did. Totally his choice, but I think about what I would do in a similar scenario and whether I'd want to tell everyone or no one. Reminds me of my favorite comic, Norm Macdonald's passing. I'm not sure which is a better way to deal with cancer, but I respect both choices.

• Like Like x 1