1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2015 NFL Season Pick Em League thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Following an excellent suggestion by @rogue49, I am starting a separate NFL thread for this topic.

I have created TWO contests for our TFP NFL fans.

One is a "Survivor" style NFL league. The other is a straight "Pick Em" style NFL league.

Click one of these links for the "Survivor" league.

Survival Football | Yahoo Sports
    There was a problem | Survival Football | Yahoo Sports

Enter Group # 8657
    Password: survive

For those who don't know, the way this works is that each week you pick ONE game that you are absolutely sure who the winner will be. The catch is, once you use any NFL team once as your "sure thing", you cannot use them again. This league allows you two strikes (most only allow one, I decided we'd be nice to the slow learners like @ZombieSquirrel ;) ). So the second time one of your picks loses, you are knocked out. Last man standing.....err, last PLAYER standing wins.

The second league is basically the same as the thread @rogue49 ran this year. You pick each game's winner. As a tie breaker you pick the score info on (IIRC) two games, the SNF game and the MNF game. You get points for each correct pick, and there are weekly winners and a cumulative winner.

You can click one of these links to sign up for the "Pick Em" league.

Pro Football Pick'em | Yahoo Sports
    There was a problem | Pro Football Pick'em | Yahoo Sports

Enter Group # 19840
    Password: pickem

Everyone is welcome in either league. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Thanks for volunteering your services, @Borla. I really appreciate the time and effort involved in managing these leagues, even as simple as Yahoo makes things.

I suggest that players use their TFP screen names when registering, just to make it easy for everyone.
    --- merged: Aug 23, 2015 5:15 PM ---
    /threadjack
    There are still only 7 players signed up for the TFP Fantasy Football league. The league is set up to support 10 teams and Yahoo doesn't let teams play with an odd number of teams. Only 15 days until the draft!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Diddo on the kudos to @Borla :cool:

I'd try the fantasy football, but I've never done it and I don't have time to do it justice. (or maybe I'm just tired...let me think on it...ugh, I feel like I got sacked by The Fridge)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Fantasy football teams don't require too terribly much time to at least play casually. Set your line-up on Wed (once the Thurs night games start), takes maybe 5 mins. Check again on Sat in case of injury updates on any players playing on Sun-Mon, another 5 mins. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nobody likes you @borla

• Like Like x 1
  6. Borla

Subtle 'they LOVE you' post is subtle...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i think im signed up

8. Borla

9. rogue49

planning on joining this weekend...

10. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I'm looking forward to playing both, even though I don't watch much football. I get all kinds of input from everyone else:) I think I'll do good.

11. ralphie250

12. Borla

13. Fucking Yahoo!

14. rogue49

All set...good luck everyone. :cool:

I reserve the right to change my mind...right now I'm playing darts with my picks. ;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  15. ralphie250

16. Borla

Yes sir, you got it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

Is @ZombieSquirrel and @ChrisNoyb joining us again this year??

18. Borla

Hopefully, the more people involved the more interesting it is. :cool:

19. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Probably not. Last year I let stress in other areas of my life cause some negativity on my part in the Pick 'em thread. I might, or not, post some 'stress' details in a more private sub-forum.

But participating in a Pick 'ems could be a welcome diversion. Hmmm.......................

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

I agree with the latter part. Good diversion. Plus, there is no way you'd be worse than @ZombieSquirrel , so you'd have that to smile about. ;)

• Like Like x 1