1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Instant Viewing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by lionrock, Aug 1, 2011.

1. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I am planning on sticking with the "Red Menace" despite their rate increase. I can occasionally find a rare gem in the streaming section. Any retrogradations?
    I enjoyed
    Sons of Anarchy
    Mystery Team
    Billy The Exterminator
    Archer (it is sometimes on there)
    Reno 911 (Which I never watched when it was on, but can't get enough of now.)

2. LOVE Reno 911!

If you haven't seen Arrested Development, it's streaming and I highly recommend it.

I'm going to start Mad Men since I believe it is streaming now.

3. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I'm pissed because they are raising their rates and I have to kill the instant option. 90% of what I want to see isn't available instantly. It was nice while it lasted. :(

4. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

We use the instant all the time and don't have cable at all. $7 a month is doable

Arrested is one of my faves as is "Firefly"
    Creature Comforts "America" is oddly funny
    Ken Burns "The National Parks: Our best idea" isn't sexy or flashy, but it makes me want to see the country
    The Guild is really funny

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Mad Men
    Weeds
    Parks and Recreation

• Like Like x 3
  6. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

"I was the world's first Analyst and Therapist. I was an Analrapist."

7. "better off ted"
    hilarious
    also... "rescue me"
    and the anime thats updated every month or so

8. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I forgot to mention "Brick" since I had not thought about it in a while. Super cool flick. Murder mystery set in a high school in the style of a Philip Marlowe book.

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I've been re-watching the entire Star Trek franchise. Babylon 5 is also quite enjoyable, as are the shows in the Stargate series.
    Then again, I've never seen the shows you've mentioned here. I may have to check them out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I don't recommend the movie "Rubber."

• Like Like x 1
  11. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I don't recommend the movie "Rubber."

Quentin Dupieux directs this inventive twist on low-rent revenge flicks, which follows a car tire named Robert that rolls through the desert Southwest using its strange psychic powers to blow up birds, bunnies, human beings and more. But when Robert spies a gorgeous woman motoring down the highway, he decides to follow her and take a chance on love. This gleefully over-the-top black comedy stars Stephen Spinella and Roxanne Mesquida.
    --- merged: Aug 2, 2011 10:12 PM ---
    Sounds cool. What was bad about it?

A Town Called Panic is a very strange Stop Motion Movie about a Cowboy, Indian, and a Horse.

12. Clockwork Gigolo

Clockwork Gigolo New Member

I didn't finish Rubber so I don't know if there was something amazing in the 2nd half that would make it all worth it but it was quite boring. The beginning of the film there was a speech about certain aspects of the best movies happened for no reason and that Rubber was an homage to "No Reason." Unfortunately, I love reasons. I would like to know why this tire came to life and why he telekinetically explodes things. Secondly, as I listened to this guy talk about these great movies he inadvertently caused me to compare his film with the films he's talking about and it just doesn't. I'm sure PonyPotato has more reasons. :)

I recently watched I Saw The Devil that showed up on my recommendations. It's a Korean revenge flick directed by the same guy that did Tale of Two Sisters and The Good, The Bad, And The Weird. It had Choi Min-Sik from Oldboy. It wasn't as good as the aforementioned films but if you if you like brutal revenge flicks you might find this one interesting. I had a couple of issues with it. It's quite long at 2 hours 20 minutes. You could definitely shave off 30 minutes and it would be a better film. If you're not into foreign films it will probably feel even longer. Its not for everyone, but if you've shown interest in Korean horror before you may enjoy this one.

13. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

It didn't get better in the 2nd half. It was just bad. I like reasons, too.

14. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Rubber was hilarious!!!! We enjoyed it thoroughly. We watched it all the way through, and were laughing until the end. You've heard of B-movie cult classics? well, this is more of a D-movie cult flick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clockwork Gigolo

Clockwork Gigolo New Member

How about some Sci-fi!?

Stargate - They have all 10 seasons of SG1, all 5 seasons of Atlantis and both seasons of SGU. They also have all of the movies except the newest Children of the Gods which is only available on DVD. Besides Star Trek, SG1 was the best sci-fi on tv.
    Battlestar Galactica - The whole series is up for streaming. It started a little slow with the mini-series pilot but it picked up and became one of my favorite shows.
    Doctor Who - They have the new series along with the specials available for streaming. I love the Doctor. There is some great sci-fi. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It can be a little cheap and cheasy but it's very charming.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I just watched the Princess and the Frog and Centurion on Netflix tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Yes, I'm taking a night off from homework. :p

17. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

If some of you youngsters have never seen Serenity or Firefly, they are what "Cowboys and Aliens" should have been. Start with Firefly and then when you are good and pissed off that they only made a handful of shows finish off with Serenity, the incredible "Thank you" from Joss Whedon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I still haven't seen The Princess and the Frog, but I watched Centurion the other night.
    I thought it an excellent film.
    On the one hand, I don't like what the Romans did to peoples during their reign, but in the movie the Picts weren't any better, and I suspect in real life, as well.
    Basically, it was a good action flick with just a dash of romance thrown in.

19. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

They just added a good portion of the Star Trek series in their entirety. off the top of my head:
    ST: TOS
    ST: TNG
    ST: Voyager
    ST: Enterprise

DS9 is still DVD only

20. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

The most hilarious part was when the girl was in the police van trying to talk dirty to the tire over the radio. I was in tears.

And its probably the best acting job Wings Hauser has ever done.

If they are still available, you should grab Tokyo Gore Police, Hard Revenge Milly, Robo Geisha, and The Machine Girl. Oh Japan, you so crazy!

Also:
    Archer
    Sherlock (2010 BBC series)
    Spartacus (Starz series)