1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2014-2015 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by snowy, Nov 23, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I was surprised that we didn't have a thread yet for the current NBA season!

I'm an obsessive Trailblazers fan, and I'm pleased to see my team starting off the season so well, despite injuries and illness (Batum was out for four games with a knee contusion, Aldridge was out due to illness). Our bench really stepped up and got it done. It helps that during the offseason, we picked up a couple of great additions in Steve Blake and Chris Kaman. We've certainly had some squeakers.

I'm sooooo happy this season that I have all the channels I need to watch all the games!

And a picture of Meyers Leonard's mustache, just because I find it hilarious:
    [​IMG]

I didn't know 12-year-olds could grow mustaches...

• Like Like x 2
  2. redux

redux Very Tilted

I'm looking forward to a breakout year for the Wizards after getting to the second round of the playoffs last year.

John Wall is an all star point guard and Bradley Beal is coming into his own as a shooter. And while not all stars, they have a bruising international front court with the existential Polish Hammer (Marcin Gortat) and the househusband of Brazil (Nene), self-proclaimed soul mates.

[​IMG]

They brought in Paul Pierce this year for experience and even though he is more limited in minutes at his age, he brings a lot to the locker room.

They're off to a great start (9-3) but the season is sooooooooo long.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I thought I had made this thread already, but that must've just been a random intention that I never fulfilled. :p

I was optimistic about the Bulls. I didn't have too high of hopes for D-Rose or his health, but so far health has also been a problem for half the rest of the team. Or so it seems. We'll see. They are plugging along well enough for now, but they'll need everybody healthy come April-June. If (a huge 'IF') that happens, I like their chances to come out of the East.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snowy

Hah, that was my first thought too. I double- and triple-checked, but all I turned up was last year's thread.

Speaking of the Bulls, how about that flagrant 1 by Mike Dunleavy on Friday night?

Damian Lillard on flagrant foul from Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy: ‘It was a cheap play’ | ProBasketballTalk

I understand that Noah was down on the floor, but still.

I was disappointed that Pau Gasol was out for the game against the Blazers. I always enjoy watching him play, and I'm glad he's finally not with the Lakers. ;)

5. Borla

He's not usually a malicious guy, so I get what he's saying by his comments at the bottom of that article. IMO it was unnecessary, and the refs made the correct call.

6. Borla

7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I have enjoyed this season so far. The Blazers have had a solid start, the Lakers are sucking horribly even better than expected, and the teams that have historically been cellar dwellers or "barely in the playoffs" are sitting at the top of the league or close to it. At least for the Western Conference, the Eastern teams are looking more like the Leastern Conference of old now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I follow the NBA about as closely as I follow a certain overweight conservative radio personality.

With that said, the Rockets are looking pretty damned good so far this year. They even managed a couple of wins over some very good teams with mostly bench players. And I can't resist: Fuck Carroll Dawson. Calling him a stupid shit would be an insult to shit.

9. snowy

You say Rockets, I think Dwight Howard's arms. I have such a thing for them that my husband teases me mercilessly.

Blazers take on the Pistons tonight. Woo?

10. Borla

11. Chris Noyb

When I think of the Rockets now, I see Hardin's beard (that's not a compliment).

When I think of the Rockets in their glory days early to mid '90s (pre fatlazyassbarkley), I think of Karl Malone's elbows :D .

12. Borla

I loved me some early/mid 90s NBA.

13. Speed_Gibson

The NBA was something to watch when what they call a foul or even hard foul now was "standard defense".
    Hardin's beard is certainly impressive. The older I get the more I think about trying for something resembling that; it would already have some lovely grey and white streaks in it.

14. Chris Noyb

I have friends who long for the days when just about every NBA team had an enforcer, the guy who was responsible for slowing down the other team's hot player, by just about any means possible.

15. Borla

The Spurs sat all five starters tonight.....and still won by double digits.

Pops cracks me up when he trolls the NBA front office by doing that.

16. Speed_Gibson

Bill Lambier was definitely a master at the enforcer part.

17. Borla

Charles Oakley was one of my favorites of that type.

18. redux

redux Very Tilted

The Wizards have Marcin Gortat, the Polish Hammer who rides around in a tank when he is home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Dec 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM ---
    But then again, he has a pet pig.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  19. Lambier, Mahorn, Rodman.... Nobody messed with those Piston teams. Miss those days

20. Chris Noyb

My wife likes the vintage shorts.