1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Making a Murderer - Netflix

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If you haven't watched this, you should.

I'm not all the way done yet, but it is very captivating. Lives up to the hype.

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Is it only on Netflix

3. Borla

I believe so, yes.

Netflix for a month is less than $10, and I think they often run free trials for limited time, so you could probably watch it for free, or for a few bucks. It's about 10 hours long in total, and well worth the cost of a movie ticket if you don't already have Netflix.

• Like Like x 1
  4. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Netflix has a perpetual free month promotion. But it's also totally worth the cost. I'm grandfathered in at $7.99 but would quite happily pay $10 or $12 or whatever it is now.

On topic I haven't gotten to Making A Murderer yet but it's getting a pretty positive reaction. Definitely on my list of shows to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. omega

omega Very Tilted

Finished it last week. Very thought provoking. There are definitely some bad inconsistencies in what the police were doing at various times.

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I'll have to check out the free trial

7. Borla

As someone having been involved in law enforcement, I'd be interested in your thoughts of what did and did not make sense to you.

I don't want to post too many spoilers for people (I'll try not to be too bad with them, but skip the rest of my post if you want to be completely in the dark as to what happened).....

(You've been warned :p )

I think there is a decent chance that Steven Avery did it. But I do not think the story laid out is how it happened. I think a few pieces of evidence were planted, like the key. I also think that her SUV was found before the official search (plate being called in) by the two shady investigators, but they worried it would be inadmissible since they shouldn't have been involved or on the property. So they arranged for it to be found as it was by the "Jesus helped us find it" lady.

In the end, I'd say there is a 50-65% chance he did it, but I think there was a TON of reasonable doubt in the case. The fact that they claimed she was raped and stabbed in the trailer, yet there was ZERO blood found there is crazy to me. These are brilliant masterminds who set up a clean room, or would be able to cover it over later. Same thing with the garage where she was supposedly shot. No way that cluttered and dirty garage had someone murdered in it without a drop of blood being left spattered somewhere.

As far as Brenden, I highly doubt he did any of the things they said he did. And the manner in which he was originally questioned, then the manner in which Kachinsky and his investigator handled things are basically criminal.

Kratz too. That dude was a scumbag.

8. omega

omega Very Tilted

Ok. I want to type up a whole piece but I'm always typing from my phone, that's why my responses in general are so truncated. So here is one piece from the series.
    The blood sample and the blood in the vehicle. First of all her blood in the back of her vehicle. He supposedly raped her and cut her throat in the bedroom. Then brought her to the garage to shoot her 11 times. Then he burned her body in the front yard. At what point did he load her body into the back of her own vehicle? It doesn't make sense why he would possibly do that. Because it didn't happen.
    As far has his blood sample taken while he was in jail. There is straight protocol for evidence. It is the chain of custody. The officer who collected the evidence bags it and seals it. When we sealed something like a blood kit to be mailed for a toxicology report, the tube were taped and the tape initialed. Then the hard foam padding was taped. Then the box was taped with evidence tape where it wasn't sealed with glue. You wrote your initials and the date on all four sides of each piece of tape. Then there is a log. If the evidence is examined, then it is logged. It is also resealed and initialed. Otherwise it is completely compromised and useless. Also, blood is not taken by pushing a needle through the cap. You take the cap off, draw blood and put the cap back on. Otherwise you have broken the seal and potentially allowed contamination.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

There's a sequel ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. omega

omega Very Tilted

This just in. The nephew, Brendan Massey, has been ordered to be released from prison by a federal judge.

11. Borla

The whole thing is so bizarre. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, or if they re-try him.

More detail on his release: Dassey conviction overturned in Teresa Halbach murder