1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

If the end of the world.....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Speed_Gibson, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Yesterday I watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World with Steve Carell and Keira Knightley (excellent film) and it prompted me to post this thread. Quick plot summary for those who have not seen it -
    A 70 mile wide asteroid is on its way to colliding with Earth in 3 weeks and the death toll will be catastrophic. That would be before the resulting nuclear winters/tsunamis/etc. What I appreciate in this film is how the focus is strictly on the characters and not on things like "spaceship x is going to travel to the asteroid to try to save us" as they did when the end of the films were popular in the late 90's.

If you were living or stuck in this universe/parallel dimension/whatever, how would you spend your last days?
    You see things (or happens off camera at least) in the film like sexual intercourse with random people, doing heroin at a party or just having wild riots in the street.

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

TFP party baby!
    At least a party you would all be invited to here in the great white north that would stocked with plenty of food, booze, music, and good conversation (with plenty of methods to discourage party-crashers).
    I would gather my family and friends together, get supplies and go out well fed, toasted, and with the ones I love.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Personally, I would have stayed for the TGIF orgy... ;)

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

"We have some opening in upper level management, our Chief Financial Officer position is vacant. Does anybody want to be CFO? Anybody?" (As they all fill in the unsaid 'for the last two weeks this company will be around')

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The big choice would be try to figure out a way to survive the impact & resulting chaos, or figure it wouldn't be worth the effort (even if successful living in a post-apocalyptic world would totally suck) and go nuts living it up for three weeks.

6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

If survival was even a smidgen I would gather my family and friends and fight, also attempt sex with every woman in sight.:)

7. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

• Like Like x 3
  8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. omega

omega Very Tilted

Don't forget the leopard. Also known as the double barreled sawed off shotgun. It's called a leopard because it leaves you covered in spots.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Think: More pants and less homo.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

• Like Like x 2
  12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

That's cold-blooded.

Funny, but cold-blooded.

13. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hahah... nice. And: I'M WORKING ON IT. Also: Fuck carburetors. Toilet tank technology.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. omega

omega Very Tilted

While a v6 might look attractive, in the apocalypse a two stroke twin cylinder would be more functional. Kick start, no battery to fail. Better fuel economy. Type of bikes it comes on will have better mobility on rough terrain. Will be louder, though.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

V6 for pursuit speed, brah. Need that top end when you're running down dirty muscle cars covered in raw steer hide and barbed wire.

Said bike also has to be big enough for some dude sitting backwards, shooting a crossbow (while wearing chain mail adorned with greasy baby doll heads, of course).

In reality, a dual sport would be best. But this is fantasy, so you have to go big and retarded. Because cracked leather is mandatory, red means faster, shotguns cut men in half and women are luggage.

It already has 2.5" straights. I think I've reached the limit for this platform.

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

If I get my hands on one of these, can I ride with you, bro?

[​IMG]

17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I really wanted one of these for a long time but it's been replaced with the V-Max you posted above.

Pretty sure my old lady can shoot better. And she has a great set of tits. You do the math.

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

Ok. You can have the dude with the crossbow. I'll take the chick in assless chaps and a spiderweb tattoo on her neck. And she'll have two wings tattooed down her back. One leather demon wing, one angel's wing.

19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A buddy of mine has one of those. Absolutely loves it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Tell me more. PM inbound.