1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

GTA V

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cis689, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Are you going to purchase GTA V

1. Hell Yes

75.0%
  2. Hell Nah

25.0%
  1. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

Sept.17th bitches....:p

Anyone else looking forward to it?

2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I'll buy it, of course. Want to get Diablo 3 for Xbox, too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. omega

omega Very Tilted

My girlfriend is getting it for her son for his sixteenth birthday. I'll check it out then. I enjoyed tye other ones, just never got too far in them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I have played GTA IV on my desktop system and enjoyed that even with the somewhat buggy performance it has with that platform. I typically use cheat codes and max out the weapons instantly to properly terrorize the town.
    No other options for gaming, but I am considering buying a PS3 fairly "soon", I figure they will be that much cheaper with the Ps4 hitting the market in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

I can't wait.... One of the best "dick off" games there is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fremen

I just pre-ordered on Amazon. I'll get it a few days after launch.
    For pre-ordering, I get a code to be able to fly a blimp in-game.
    Not that that wouldn't be any fun, but that seems kind of lame compared to some other pre-orders they've had in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mb99usa

mb99usa Getting Tilted

I'm looking forward to it but so far behind in my games I will wait for the price drop before picking it up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Speed_Gibson

Tiny threadjack, but whatever
    Seriously thinking about getting a PS3 on layaway. The 250 GB model is $250 and the 500 GB $299, which is a wee bit less for me with the discount. Leaning toward the 250 GB model as the upgrade from my current choice of "absolutely nothing" console-wise would be big enough I think. Also comes with Uncharted 3 which sounded interesting the one time I saw a brief review of it.
    GTA IV would probably be high on my list. Nice to see a good selection of games (that will sit there mostly untouched all week due to lack of time) out there for $20 or $30.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fremen

You might as well just go ahead and skip to GTA V, Speed_Gibson. GTA IV is a pretty good game and all, but V will be so much...more.

• Like Like x 2
  11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'd hold off. The prices on this generation of consoles is likely to drop even more after the release of the PS4.

• Like Like x 2
  12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I've got a 160 GB that I paid I $300 for. I've never had a problem with space, but I don't buy games from the online market.

Uncharted is pretty fantastic. I will happily recommend the entire series. I don't think you really need to play them in order -- there are some character arcs that work throughout all three games, but the relationships are pretty easy to figure out. This isn't exactly shakespeare.

As for GTA, I've recently given in to the fact that sandbox-style games just aren't meant for me. Red Dead Redemption managed to hold my attention longer than just about any such game so far, mostly because I was completely in love with the setting; but even that one petered out after a while. I prefer my games to be at least somewhat linear, and no, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. So all that said, I'll be giving GTA V a miss, I think. I don't see any reason to add to the list of games I own and will never play.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Speed_Gibson

The tempting parts for me are:
    0) Only $20 for GTA IV
    1) I have played it on a friend's HD TV and it looked incredible
    2) It actually works on the PS3. I prefer the mouse/keyboard combination but the PC build is so damn unstable it gets frustrating at times.
    and I could always upgrade to GTA V later but I have a difficult time even thinking about $60+ for a single game, waiting until they hit $30 sounds much better to me. As it stands currently my days are too damn busy much of the week with work or trying to get something almost resembling sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  14. carrycash New Member

Great game..

• Like Like x 1