1. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome Mascots

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by genuinemommy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Calling All Sports Fans!
    (and average people who just happen to have a favorite mascot)

What's your favorite mascot?
    What makes it so great?

I just came across this mascot. The most badass bun-bun in the world!
    [​IMG]

Real jack rabbits look pretty mean, unlike the cuddly Easter-themed pets.
    [​IMG]

UC Santa Cruz has a pretty awesome mascot as well: a banana slug! These crawly little critters are often seen on trails. It's remarkable that someone decided to make a slug a mascot. I mean, who wants to battle a slug?
    [​IMG]

Here's how they really look:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought Banana Slug!

I'm partial to Swoop, Miami University's Mascot. ( genuinegirly may know Swoop!)

[​IMG]

My friend Lex was the Hockey Swoop back in 2003. He skated around the rink and had all kinds of crazy antics. I was an intern in the Marketing Communications office, so I interviewed Lex for one of our recruitment pieces.

I'm a fan of Benny the Beaver now....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. genuinemommy

That's such a great photo of Benny! It shows off his fat tail.
    --- merged: Mar 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM ---
    The best part about Swoop is that his creators didn't consult one of the school's many ornithologists. Red-tailed hawks actually exist, and are common in this area, not 'red hawks'.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. They couldn't be PC and be the Redskins.... They probably just saw a hawk one day and replaced skins with hawks. SOOOOO lazy!

The Cincinnati Cyclones Mascot always cracks me up. It just looks so weird.

[​IMG]

5. genuinemommy

Ummmm... I had no idea these got so crazy.
    My husband just pointed out that the University of Maryland at Baltimore has a GOLDEN retriever as its mascot!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Well... I have to admit; that was a fun five minutes spent researching on why what was before, still is.
    Per wiki:
    HERE is the recent contest that the school's athletic department held in order to choose the new logo for the university's sports participants. It is the very same that genuinegirly posted above, and it was chosen via public interested polling of the community-at-large / university; it was shortly implemented thereafter in the summer of 2010, and was designed by Jim Lord.

Now that I've devoted some time to the topic, and it may be my own bias, but the original school mascot logo was pretty fetching as well.
    Here's the transitional timeline of how the logo evolved through time.

[​IMG]

- - - - -

Additionally, since I'm trying to evolve in my own manner as well, I'll be welcome to add, if I may, the original Tampa Bay Buccaneers logo/mascot of:

[​IMG]
    'Bucko Bruce'

and, because I'm still lazy, running behind, and keeping a tally of +25 minutes invested, the history shall be given, CTRL+Verbatim, per wiki:
    (an ever-popular yet little-known web product of the St. Pete-Tampa Bay area)

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

ZombieSquirrel already posted about my favorite mascot, but I'll post some more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

My homeboy, Brutus.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

10. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.